- Portland State University
- – Bachelor of the Arts in English, magna cum laude, 2012
- Freelance Writer, PDX Magazine. October 2013–March 2014
- – Filed monthly arts and culture stories ranging from interview-based, topical nonfiction, to personal narrative, to pure fiction.
- Staff Writer, Portland State Vanguard. February 2012–June 2012
- – Filed weekly arts and culture stories about campus events, and film reviews.
- Seasonal Cook, Simpatica Catering; Portland, Oregon. June 2009–September 2011Partner, Brothers Allen Catering; Portland, Oregon. February 2008–March 2009
- – Created a catering company with my brother to introduce Portland to our style of seasonal European and Heartland cuisine.
- Lead Meat Cutter/Assistant Meat Manager, New Seasons Market; Portland, Oregon. October 2001–July 2005; March 2007–February 2008
- – Responsible for ordering, inventorying, cutting, and merchandising all beef, pork, and lamb at New Season’s busiest store with average weekly sales in excess of $50,000.
- Cook, Ciao Vito Restaurant; Portland, Oregon. March 2006–March 2007
- Cook, Café Castagna; Portland, Oregon. January 2001–October 2001
- Cook, Higgins Restaurant; Portland, Oregon. July 1999–December 2000
- Lead cook, Boca restaurant; Cincinnati, Ohio. December 1995–May 1999
More details can be seen at my LinkedIn profile at: